Ok, so my husband and I have been on a HEALTH MISSION! We are currently only cooking with the following meats: ground turkey, chicken and lean beef. NO fatty meats, LOW on carbs!!
Also, we are attempting to put tons of veggies in each meal. So far this is my FAVORITE RECIPE we have tried!
- 1 package ground turkey
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 5 orange or red bell peppers
- 1 clove of garlic – chopped into tiny pieces
- 1/2 of an onion – chopped into tiny pieces
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Follow instructions on box to cook brown rice.
- Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers.
- Arrange peppers on a cookie sheet with the hollowed sides facing upward.
- In a skillet brown the ground turkey until NO PINK is visible.
- Add rice, garlic, onion and salt.
- Let simmer all ingredients together for 10 minutes.
- Spoon an equal amount of mixture into each hollowed pepper bowl.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven.
TIP: You can top the turkey bowls with cheese too!